Monday, May 11, 2015

Library Round-Up: May 11

I try to make it to the library at least once a week. Even though I live in a town with a relatively small library collection, I am always amazed at what I can find.

My May 11 Library Round-Up

1. Zoo by James Patterson


A guilty-pleasure of mine is James Patterson novels. No matter how much of a literary snob I may be at times, there is no denying they are page turners. This one is turning into a mini-series on CBS and I am excited to both read the book and see what they do with it. James Patterson movies usually end pretty good. Although if I am holding this to the standards of Kiss the Girls I may be in for utter disappointment.

2. The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult


I am also a Jodi Picoult fan. Although some of her books can get a little redundant, I have heard The Storyteller is not one to miss. Plus, I met Jodi Picoult 5 years ago when House Rules came out, so I will always have a special place in my heart for her. 

Bonus fact: She is surprisingly one of the bubbliest people. Ever. If you ever have a chance to see her, go.

3. Golden Boy by Abigail Tarttelin


I was first attracted to this cover because it had bicycles. And then I saw the name. I have a character in a book I am writing that I call Golden Boy (simply for lack of finding the perfect name). And then I saw that it was about someone who is intersex. I am always looking for books to expand my mind.

4. Palo Alto by James Franco


I may hate myself for this. BUUUUT, I am curious. I've always been curious. I just need to quench that curiosity. 

5. Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson


I am a few years behind on this trend, but this one has been on my list for a long time. Plus, I like those cute book clubby reads.

6. Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood


I have never seen the movie, but I know how it ends. Even still, I'm a sucker for cute tearjerkers and I will probably see the movie after reading the book. Double Whammy.

7. Finding It by Cara Carmack


Every once in a while, I need a bubblegum, romantic chick-flick. I found this. I hate to admit how excited I am to read it. I haven't read Cora Carmack's other novels, but depending on this one, I just might.

8. Secret Society Girl: An Ivy League Novel by Diana Peterfreund


I've always wanted to check out some of Diana Peterfreund's work and this gives me the opportunity to not only do that, but be reminded of my college days as well.

Have you read any of these books? Are they worth the read or should I skip some of them? 



No comments:

Post a Comment