Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Reading Challenge 50 States

The other day, I discussed that I was trying to read a book for every letter of the alphabet. Another one of my goals has always been to read a book set in every state. Going off of the list of books I have read so far this year, I have achieved Iowa, Alabama, California, New York, Oregon (tentative), Nebraska, and New Jersey.

If anyone can actually confirm that Fight Club did in fact take place in Portland (I know there is much debate on it), please tell me and define your evidence. If you think it took place somewhere else, please let me know that too.

I seem to have a problem where I keep reading books set in New York. I have three that I have read set there and I am currently reading Sex In The City. I need to be consciously aware to be reading things set in different states.

Last year, I missed Tennessee, Wisconsin (although I just found Shotgun Lovesongs and I plan on reading that for Wisconsin this year), Rhode Island, North Dakota, and New Hampshire, which always seem hard to find books. Some other states I might have stretched if the book had multiple settings. Okay, I admit in some cases, one or two scenes took place in a state and I used it. This year, there are no cutting corners. The book's major setting must be the state it counts for.

Is anyone else doing similar reading challenges for 2015? Anybody have any reading challenges to recommend?

If not, anyone have any favorite books set in states I haven't read yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment