Sunday, June 7, 2015

Review: Bossypants by Tina Fey




















**

Worth the Read: If you are a drop-dead Tina Fey fan, yes. Otherwise, skip it and read a Chelsea Handler book.

I was not a fan of this book. I didn't hate it, but I expected so much more from it. Sorry, Tina Fey. Although you dazzle me in most of your on-screen roles, you failed to dazzle me in this book.

I don't read too many memoirs of comedians/actors. About a year ago, I was looking for something fun and different to read and a friend suggested Chelsea Handler's books. I WAS HOOKED.

Now, I know it wouldn't be fair to say that I was expecting a Chelsea Handler hit out of Bossypants, but I was expecting something on the same playing field. 

I think something that disappointed me was that I was expecting it to be more feminist. I can't put my finger on why. Maybe I was unfairly looking for some feminist ranting.... the one part that I loved and think that every woman should read was the breast-feeding section.

Besides that, it feels like this is a book that is just full of punchlines. It was punchline after punchline after punchline with very little anecdotes, in my opinion.

I hope you found this review helpful. I would love to know your thoughts and opinions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment